Kayaking class IV rapids
For years, the James River has been known as a wonderful recreational river with Class II and IV rapids in an urban setting. In recent years, community groups and corporations have reimagined the river as a backdrop for innovative community events.
- Ancarrow’s Landing/Manchester Slave Dock is a boat landing and fishing spot and one of the area’s most valuable historic sites. William Byrd is believed to have established Richmond here.
- Huguenot Flatwater offers access to canoes, inner tubes and excellent fishing upstream at Bosher’s Dam.
- North Shore offers paddling access.
- Reedy Creek Launch is a canoe launch area with parking for 15 cars.
- Tredegar Takeout
- Pony Pasture is a put-in and takeout for kayaks.
Sunrise to sunset
Friends of James River Park
P.O. Box 4453
Richmond, Virginia 23220