Main Street Station
Originally opened in 1901, Main Street Station is one of downtown Richmond’s most visible landmarks. Once a bustling transportation hub, the station closed in 1975 due to a decline in passenger rail service. The historic reopening of Main Street Station in 2003 marked the culmination of years of renovation to this landmark building and the return of passenger train service to downtown Richmond.
As Main Street Station further transforms into a significant multimodal transportation center, it is once again ready to serve as a gateway to the metropolitan region, showcasing Richmond as a vibrant destination city.
- Bus, trolley, airport shuttle, taxi and limousine services integrated in future upgrades.
- Ticketing done through Amtrak
- Coach or business seating
- Hourly and monthly parking available
Monday through Thursday: 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
1500 East Main Street
Richmond, Virginia 23219
(804) 646-MAIN (6246) (recording)
(804) 646-2041 (facility)